Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mid-Session Check In

Dear Laura Cline:

Here we are at the middle of the semester and so far class seems to be going okay. I have been finding myself writing almost all of my assignments at the last minute. Lucky for me, I seem to do some of my better work under pressure. However, I would like to change that. During the first week of class I was actually really stressed out because I am not a strong writer. As class goes by it seems to get a little better but when the writing assignments come up I start freaking out all over agin. Lucky for me this is the last English class that I have to take for my course of study.

The biggest challenge for me so far in the semester had by far been the writing assignments. I am not a great writer to begin with so each assignment come with its sets of challenges. To be specific, the first long essay was by far the hardest thing for me to start. I have still not yet finished it but hope to be turning it in soon. My biggest success is just simply attending this class. I am doing it to better my education and to get on the right track for a better career for me and my family.

The readings in this class have been closer to home for me since I have family in the military. However, the readings have helped me pay better attention to detail. I enjoy reading so this part of the class has been a joy to me. Each of the readings have made me grateful for what I have, including the readings from the "Poetry of Witness" tab. I believe that these reading have made me fell an emotional connection making them easier to read. Analyzing literature is much different from other writings that I have had to do because I am looking deeper into the context of what I am reading. I am not reading just to read. I am reading to find a hidden meaning and figure out what is truly going on.

My goals for the rest of the semester are to keep up with my assignments and get some extra credit turned in. I would like to apply myself better to this course so that I can have a better outcome. I hope to improve my overall grade and finish my work in a more timely manner. I don’t want to be finishing assignments at the last minute. I want the peace of mind of knowing my assignments are complete and turned in at least the morning they are due. The biggest accomplishment however would be passing this class so that I do not have to take it again!

Sincerely,
Alicia M. Brainard

No comments:

Post a Comment