Friday, January 28, 2011

"Good Readers and Good Writers"

In my own words, I believe that Nabokov thinks that a good reader is someone who rereads. To fully understand something and grasp it you may find yourself reading a line over and over again or even the full piece of writing. Each and every time you read you get a little more out of the story or better understanding of where something is coming from. You would also be able to feel the emotions running through as you are finding your self deeper into the book or type of literature that you happen to be reading. I believe that a good reader is someone who sees through the silver lining and takes it for more than what is right in front of them. A good reader is someone who can relate and feel for the characters and find themselves lost in the story. I also believe that a good reader can walk away from a piece of writing and learn from it and what the lesson was from the story. I do agree with what Nabokov has to say about what a goo writer is. He has valid points and points that can help me become a better reader.
I think that I am an average reader. I could talk so many more things away if I could think outside the box and really dig into a story or piece of literature. I find that I rush myself through and don’t take enough time to really analyze what information I am taking in. I do hope that after reading “Good Readers and Good Writers” I can become a better reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment